Saturday 19 September 2015

We were just overlapping circles*

More views of ‒ or before ‒ Cambridge Film Festival 2015 (3 to 13 September)
(Click here to go directly to the Festival web-site)


19 September

We were just overlapping circles*


When I didn’t ‒ and you did ‒
It was
y minus x
,
A cancellation
(Not summation)
Of the good in us



When you didn’t, nor did I,
Residing ‘quite elsewhere’
In two diagrams :
Hidden discourse
Our universes



INTERLUDE


When I had to, you could not ‒
My cypher decoded
(And utterly plain)
In your fierce sight,
Shaming my spirit



When you felt as I did,
An unrushed moment ‒ as
Of tranquillity ‒
Settled upon us,
Mended all our hurt



RONDO



Copyright © Belston Night Works 2015



End-notes

* Quoting ‘Jigsaw Puzzle of Life’, Kate and Anna McGarrigle.



Unless stated otherwise, all films reviewed were screened at Festival Central (Arts Picturehouse, Cambridge)

No comments: