Thursday 2 May 2013

Who's excited - about what ? ! (Or Predictions about I'm So Excited ! (2013))

Who's excited - about what ? ! (Or Predictions about I'm So Excited ! (2013) (Los amantes pasajeros))


More views of - or before - Cambridge Film Festival 2012
(Click here to go directly to the Festival web-site)


3 May

Who's excited - about what ? ! (Or Predictions about I'm So Excited ! (2013) (Los amantes pasajeros))








If you don't know what The High Life is - whatever the title lyric says - that's not extraordinary...


I like the way that, in his review, Empire's critic, David Hughes, has alluded to the running joke in Woody Allen's much misunderstood Stardust Memories (1980) :

An unshakeable tolerance for high camp and lowbrow humour may be required to fully appreciate Almodóvar's broad, bawdy comedy - even for fans of his early, funny films.

As I read the rest of Hughes' review (a tongue-twister in his office, no doubt), I found myself also reminded of that epsiode of - what else ! - Father Ted...



Update

As at 9 May, Rotten Tomatoes says that 34% of audiences, and 60% of critics, liked the film*...


End-notes

* For comparison, the equivalent percentages for Broken Embraces (2009) are 74% and 81%.



No comments: