Friday 20 April 2012

66 DD brassiere

More views of - or before - Cambridge Film Festival 2012
(Click here to go directly to the Festival web-site)


21 April

According to Wikipedia®, the word 'brassiere' was not either simply taken from French or used in English until 1893 (and, to judge from the content of the same source, it does not ever seem to have had the grave accent that a related French word, brassière, has).

However, I estimate that it is probably in danger of extinction in that form (i.e. rather than 'bra'), morceau than 'refrigerator' is with 'fridge'*. Similarly, although I cannot quite picture what a 66 DD would be like, I would also imagine that the future of the woman who required such a support might be threatened by health risks associated with being that size.

All of which is a mere excuse for the following, since 66 DD is actually one of a set of UK number-plates** of which I have taken judicial notice (the car that displays it appears to belong to someone two villages distant).

Likewise (taking out the offending spaces, as the owners often do), PEN1S*** and - balancing things up - VA51NAS.



I infer that the following should exist, but I have yet to see them:

* PI55 OFF

* MI55 SEX

* PA55 OUT

* PA55ION

* 4 5KIN


Likewise, PI55 UPS, MI55 SOD, etc., etc. Happy watching, but do keep an eye on the road, too!


End-notes

* I come to that conclusion on the basis, primarily, of which term tends to appear on packaging.

** Which predictive text curiously renders as 'number-slaves', so one can, again, speculate on what the compilers of Nokia®'s knowledge of words thought that the phones' users would be writing about...

*** I believe that PEN 15 must also exist, and (despite remembering otherwise) I may, in fact, have seen that one: I saw this number-slave** twice.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Valuable information. Lucky me I found your website by
chance, and I am surprised why this twist of fate didn't came about earlier! I bookmarked it.

my blog post great point