Wednesday 5 October 2011

Loops and strips









7 October

More views of - or after - Cambridge Film Festival 2011
(Click here to go directly to the Festival web-site)




If, depending on how much it had cost, it had been a Festival wristband that secured entry to, and the seat of my choice at, any screening, it would have been something worth treasuring.

Even though it actually wasn't, and had just been (somewhat needlessly?) issued to those of us who watched Some Like it Hot on Grantchester Meadows (probably amongst other events), I kept it with me until beyond 25 September, in fact for almost a whole month, as some sort of talisman. It bore up after the Festival was over, even if I didn't, remarkably well...

The ceremonial severing of the band, lest I still be marvelling at its durability in a twelvemonth, is less evident than said durability, but such is the way of these things.


No comments: